Practice establishing visual hierarchy by creating many variations of a design using different component styles, and use the black-and-white technique when you feel stuck. A few tips on components:
... read the whole story at uxdesign.cc.
- Fonts — Larger and bolder fonts capture attention and should be used sparingly for headers.
- Lines — Lines help separate groups of information, serve as layout grids, and can fill awkward white space.
- Color — Darker and more saturated colors draw more attention.
- Shapes —Simply shapes (circle, triangles, squares) are generally more aesthetically pleasing.
- Images — Images can be enticing, but try to stay away from